Technical Debt: The Silent Application Killer – ThoughtWorks
By Alexandra Szynkarski On December 6, 2011 At 10:06 am
Responses : No Comments
This SlideShare presentation from Graham Brooks (ThoughtWorks) explains why Technical Debt is an important concept to understand, as well as the different strategies that can be used to reduce it.
A. How large companies handle "Technical Debt"
B. 6 steps to manage technical debt effectively
C. Combating system complexity
D. NASA Project case study
E. Impact on the quality of your business-critical applications
Your Information will be kept private and secure.
- Contribute to CISQ’s Technical Debt Remediation SurveyJanuary 11, 2017
- CISQ to Develop Technical Debt Standard MeasureDecember 29, 2016
- Technical Debt & Safety Critical Systems in Automobiles: The Road AheadDecember 27, 2016
- How To Reframe Technical Debt: A Painter and A Paint BucketDecember 21, 2016
- Innovating While Maintaining Stability: A Lesson From Technical DebtNovember 30, 2016
- Contribute to CISQ’s Technical Debt Remediation Survey January 11, 2017
- CISQ to Develop Technical Debt Standard Measure December 29, 2016
- Technical Debt & Safety Critical Systems in Automobiles: The Road Ahead December 27, 2016
- How To Reframe Technical Debt: A Painter and A Paint Bucket December 21, 2016
- Innovating While Maintaining Stability: A Lesson From Technical Debt November 30, 2016
- The Errors and Hazards of Technical Debt June 20, 2012
- Technical Debt Debate, with Ward Cunningham & Capers Jones January 22, 2013
- Pragmatic Agile Development: How to develop fast & contain Technical Debt January 6, 2012
- Part II: Practical Examples of Paying Down Technical Debt March 26, 2012
- Technical Debt: Naughty or Nice? January 7, 2013
- Bruce Langston: Good article. The IT industry is suffering from m...
- Darren Goldbach: Simple example but very meaningful. Small debt can...
- Andy Keller: A great book on good and bad debt is Good Debt, Ba...
- Webcounted.com: Just desire to say your article is as surprising....
- Jim Bethancourt: Looks like the slides are posted here: http://rybe...
Agile Application Application Development Architecture Bill Curtis Business Applications Business Risk CAST CISQ Code Quality CRASH Design Debt Gartner Internal Software Quality Israel Gat IT IT Debt Lean Messy code Outsourcing Podcast Quality Debt Refactor Scrum SEI - Software Engineering Institute Software Software Architecture Software Code Software Debt Software Defects Software Developer Software Development Software Maintainability Software Maintenance Software Project Software Quality Software Vendor Static Code Analysis Structural Quality Technical Debt technical quality Testing Testing Debt Ward Cunningham Webinar
Follow @OnTechnicalDebt on Twitter