Technical Debt: The Silent Application Killer – ThoughtWorks
By Alexandra Szynkarski On December 6, 2011 At 10:06 am
Responses : No Comments
This SlideShare presentation from Graham Brooks (ThoughtWorks) explains why Technical Debt is an important concept to understand, as well as the different strategies that can be used to reduce it.
A. How large companies handle "Technical Debt"
B. 6 steps to manage technical debt effectively
C. Combating system complexity
D. NASA Project case study
E. Impact on the quality of your business-critical applications
Your Information will be kept private and secure.
- Microservice Architectures and Cutting Down Technical DebtApril 2, 2015
- Reducing Technical Debt to Scale-up ProductivityApril 1, 2015
- Technical Debt vs. Product Design DebtMarch 31, 2015
- Technical Debt: A Framework for Product ManagersMarch 26, 2015
- Technical Debt – It Is Not InevitableMarch 25, 2015
White papers list
- How To Reduce Technical Debt? A Free Guide By Deloitte Consulting December 4, 2014
- Paying Down the Technical Debt Interest on your Applications — Dr. Bill Curtis March 30, 2012
- How to Monetize Application Technical Debt — Gartner & CAST January 1, 2012
- Measuring Technical Debt — North Carolina State University December 15, 2011
- To Pay or Not to Pay Design Debt — IEEE Computing Society December 14, 2011
- Managing Technical Debt in Software-Reliant Systems — SEI December 12, 2011
- Microservice Architectures and Cutting Down Technical Debt April 2, 2015
- Reducing Technical Debt to Scale-up Productivity April 1, 2015
- Technical Debt vs. Product Design Debt March 31, 2015
- Technical Debt: A Framework for Product Managers March 26, 2015
- Technical Debt – It Is Not Inevitable March 25, 2015
- The Errors and Hazards of Technical Debt June 20, 2012
- Technical Debt Debate, with Ward Cunningham & Capers Jones January 22, 2013
- Technical Debt Folklore – “All technical debt is intentional” December 5, 2012
- Technical Debt: Naughty or Nice? January 7, 2013
- Pragmatic Agile Development: How to develop fast & contain Technical Debt January 6, 2012
- Andy Keller: A great book on good and bad debt is Good Debt, Ba...
- Webcounted.com: Just desire to say your article is as surprising....
- Jim Bethancourt: Looks like the slides are posted here: http://rybe...
- Richard Bishop: Thanks for mentioning my article. I just noticed t...
- Michael Sloan: Researching comparative values for technical debt....
Agile Application Application Development Architecture Bill Curtis Business Applications Business Risk CAST CISQ Code Quality CRASH Design Debt Gartner Internal Software Quality Israel Gat IT IT Debt Lean Messy code Outsourcing Podcast Quality Debt Refactor Scrum SEI - Software Engineering Institute Software Software Architecture Software Code Software Debt Software Defects Software Developer Software Development Software Maintainability Software Maintenance Software Project Software Quality Software Vendor Static Code Analysis Structural Quality Technical Debt technical quality Testing Testing Debt Ward Cunningham Webinar
Follow @OnTechnicalDebt on Twitter