Technical Debt: The Silent Application Killer – ThoughtWorks
By Alexandra Szynkarski On December 6, 2011 At 10:06 am
Responses : No Comments
This SlideShare presentation from Graham Brooks (ThoughtWorks) explains why Technical Debt is an important concept to understand, as well as the different strategies that can be used to reduce it.
A. How large companies handle "Technical Debt"
B. 6 steps to manage technical debt effectively
C. Combating system complexity
D. NASA Project case study
E. Impact on the quality of your business-critical applications
Your Information will be kept private and secure.
- Technical Debt Build-Up Fueled By Unfettered DevOps PracticesJuly 30, 2015
- Technical Debt, Transparency, and the Iron Triangle of DevelopmentJuly 21, 2015
- How the Public Sector is Dealing with their Legacy SystemsJuly 20, 2015
- The Short Memory of Lessons Learned in Technical DebtJuly 15, 2015
- Technical Debt is not only a “Technical” ProblemJuly 6, 2015
White papers list
- How To Reduce Technical Debt? A Free Guide By Deloitte Consulting December 4, 2014
- Paying Down the Technical Debt Interest on your Applications — Dr. Bill Curtis March 30, 2012
- How to Monetize Application Technical Debt — Gartner & CAST January 1, 2012
- Measuring Technical Debt — North Carolina State University December 15, 2011
- To Pay or Not to Pay Design Debt — IEEE Computing Society December 14, 2011
- Managing Technical Debt in Software-Reliant Systems — SEI December 12, 2011
- Technical Debt Build-Up Fueled By Unfettered DevOps Practices July 30, 2015
- Technical Debt, Transparency, and the Iron Triangle of Development July 21, 2015
- How the Public Sector is Dealing with their Legacy Systems July 20, 2015
- The Short Memory of Lessons Learned in Technical Debt July 15, 2015
- Technical Debt is not only a “Technical” Problem July 6, 2015
- The Errors and Hazards of Technical Debt June 20, 2012
- Technical Debt Debate, with Ward Cunningham & Capers Jones January 22, 2013
- Technical Debt Folklore – “All technical debt is intentional” December 5, 2012
- Technical Debt: Naughty or Nice? January 7, 2013
- Part II: Practical Examples of Paying Down Technical Debt March 26, 2012
- Andy Keller: A great book on good and bad debt is Good Debt, Ba...
- Webcounted.com: Just desire to say your article is as surprising....
- Jim Bethancourt: Looks like the slides are posted here: http://rybe...
- Richard Bishop: Thanks for mentioning my article. I just noticed t...
- Michael Sloan: Researching comparative values for technical debt....
Agile Application Application Development Architecture Bill Curtis Business Applications Business Risk CAST CISQ Code Quality CRASH Design Debt Gartner Internal Software Quality Israel Gat IT IT Debt Lean Messy code Outsourcing Podcast Quality Debt Refactor Scrum SEI - Software Engineering Institute Software Software Architecture Software Code Software Debt Software Defects Software Developer Software Development Software Maintainability Software Maintenance Software Project Software Quality Software Vendor Static Code Analysis Structural Quality Technical Debt technical quality Testing Testing Debt Ward Cunningham Webinar
Follow @OnTechnicalDebt on Twitter